#Save1011 – Key Council Vote!
Troy City Council will hold CRITICAL VOTE on May 5.
– The council sees no negative impacts
– plans to vote to issue a “negative declaration”
– If passed: no more studies, no public input on impacts, project permitting can begin
SPEAK ON MAY 5 AT THE COUNCIL MEETING.
DEMAND A POSITIVE DECLARATION
SEND LETTERS AND EMAILS:
Send a letter: 433 River Street, Troy, NY 12180
any time after 3pm – Community gathering. Indigenous women and community members will share stories, song and food.
Location: 2952 6th Street, Troy NY
(Fish Market Community Engagement Project)
5pm Prayer walk to honor Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women
6pm Gathering at City Hall, City Council hearing and vote
– Explain how this project will impact you, your community and the environment
– Explain that this project has “POTENTIALLY SIGNIFICANT NEGATIVE IMPACTS”
WHAT IS SEQR and why it matters for 1011 – an explainer video: https://vimeo.com/701855833
This decision comes after months of backdoor negotiations. The last input by the public was in June 2021 – almost a year ago, with the project changing significantly over time.
Yet, the council wrote up its decision.
NOW IT IS OUR TURN TO MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD:
The council has to address, consider and take a hard look at all potential impacts, by law.
Let’s tell the council how this project impacts us, the community, the environment, its historical and cultural heritage, and our future.